The static comp challenge is a challenge to keep you working that HTML/CSS muscle. You’ll choose one static comp and to recreate. Don’t worry, we’ll give you a bit of creative license, however the objective is to build something that respects the integrity of the original design. Once you get into the workforce - building out comps that reflect the designer’s choice in layout, spacing, font, imagery, and color to the smallest detail is a requirement.
Things to Note
- We have not provided you with any assets, nor native files. You will have to source assets on your own per the creative license guidelines below.
- We have not provided breakpoint specific comps. You will need to employ some creativity here with a heavy dose of good judgment. Think about how you, as a user, could best experience the content/layout across various screen sizes. Is the content legible? Does the imagery (especially full bleed background images) still make sense and look good? Do portions of the nav become icons (and are they intuitive?), or a menu?
- Basic site setup with
- Site must be responsive
- Create a repo on github
- Push your final work to github pages
- Submit your repo and GH pages links here
You may NOT take liberties with the layout, but your creative license includes:
- Copy (text)
- Color palette, but ONLY if you select a complementary palette. We highly encourage you to visit sites like: material palette or coolors or color-hex